Here are my tips on glamming up a semi-plain dolly dress or a skater dress:
- Wear a statement necklace or cuff , depending on the neckline of the dress. But don't do both. Big earrings would work too. Something chunky, not outdated chandelier earrings.
- If there's detailing on the back, wear your hair up. a loose knot or a chic up-do would work well.
- If the dress is a darker colour, keep your lips pale and pile on the shadow on the eyes and wear lots of mascara.
- You can add a belt if you like, but I personally think it's not needed if you're neck piece is loud.
- Carry a clutch. Clutches are always more glamorous than handbags.
- And finally, kill it with some killer heels- the sparklier, the better!
Dress: Zara, Shoes:Dune, Clutch: Lancome, Necklace:HM, Hairband:Max