Friday, August 16, 2013

Morning Blues

 I'm loving all my latest purchases from India. I happened to pick this beautiful skirt from a saree shop recently. The place, which is three floors of splendor, is none other than Jayalakshmi In Cochin, Kerala. If you ever happen to be in Kerala, make sure you pay a visit and buy yourself some beautiful sarees.I also love Seematti for ethnic wear. Both the shops are on MG road so you know where to stop by when you're in my turf.

I wanted the skirt to be the hero of my outfit so I paired it with a basic black tee and added a bright orange neck piece to pop against the dark color. I love that it looks so antique and that it compliments the cobalt blue of my skirt very well.
As you all know I'm a little bit of an accessory junkie so its only fair that I let you in on my favourite place to buy accessories here- Goodwill collections, also in Cochin. OMG you guys I'm not kidding when I say they have amazing stuff! From earrings to bangles, chunky vintage necklaces to imitation Kundan, they have everything! I was like a little id in a candy store. Everything I laid eyes on, I wanted to buy. Luckily for me, we were running out of time so all I managed to buy was this necklace and two beautiful pairs of earrings, which will make an appearance in the next post.












Skirt: Jayalakshmi, Tee: Mango, Shoes:Thrifted, Necklace: Goodwill

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Lovely skirt. Beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post..! could you please tell me the color of your hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) the last time I got a colour was about 8 months back. This colour is probably the mahogany brown fading out. :)

      Delete
  3. This is the BEST out of all your ethnic/ fusion wear.

    ReplyDelete