Monday, April 29, 2013

Cruelty Free Beauty : Leona Lewis X The body Shop


Have you visited The Body Shop recently? If you have read about all the good things I had to say about the Strawberry dry seed oil from TBS on my Facebook page, I'm sure you guys would have made a trip or two already, as most of you have shown interest in the product that has worked wonders for me.

Moving on, the latest collection has finally hit stores in Bahrain and it's a whole new line of Cruelty-free beauty products in collaboration with none other than the glamorous Leona Lewis
As if the posters and banners aren't attractive enough, these products are amazing and super yummy.From summery shades of pink and orange lip glosses to heavenly scents, it's a great range to own this summer.
Leona has put her name on an exclusive cruelty-free makeup and fragrance collection, the Limited Edition Collection by Leona Lewis. Featuring 100% vegetarian cosmetics in fashion-forward shades, the Limited Edition Collection by Leona Lewis features quirky packaging with a floral deer motif, celebrating the fact that The Body Shop was one of the first beauty brands to use cruelty-free, man-made musk instead of musk derived from the musk deer. The Limited Edition Collection by Leona Lewis is available at selected stores in Bahrain from April 25, 2013.

Leona Lewis says: “I’m passionate about beauty and I’m all about animal rights. As a result, I’m really conscious of where the products that I use come from. The Body Shop sells cruelty-free, ethical products containing amazing Community Fair Trade ingredients. The collaboration is a natural fit!



Let's hear more about these amazing products from Leona herself, who talks to TBS in a exclusive interview about the collection:

Tell me a little more about the new Limited Edition Collection by Leona Lewis?
All The Body Shop® products are cruelty-free, and the Limited Edition Collection by Leona Lewis was created to raise awareness of cruelty-free beauty. It features trend-led makeup and a playful musk fragrance, all presented in super-stylish packaging with a pretty, floral deer motif. I chose two wearable colour palettes that would suit all skin tones from fair to dark; a playful, feminine pink that is going to be a key trend this season, and a sun-kissed bronze which is perfect to help give skin a glow this spring.
What was the inspiration behind the Limited Edition Collection by Leona Lewis?
The Limited Edition Collection by Leona Lewis is a playful, fashion-forward collection that’s perfect for spring, bursting with free spirit and wearable shades for every skin tone.
How involved were you in the making of the Limited Edition Collection by Leona Lewis? 
I worked with The Body Shop team to develop the collection and the pattern for the cruelty-free deer logo which is featured on the packaging, which I love!
What was the inspiration for the deer logo featured on the packaging?  
Traditionally, musk fragrances were obtained from deer. The Body Shop was one of the first beauty retailers to use man-made musk in their classic White Musk fragrance. The logo celebrates the freedom of the deer and the cruelty-free ethos of The Body Shop.
Can you tell me more about each product in the collection?
Shimmer Palettes – I am a huge fan of The Body Shop® Shimmer Palettes so I couldn’t resist adding them to my own collection featuring the cruelty-free deer design! Super versatile, Shimmer Palettes complement all skin tones and are great for highlighting and contouring. I chose two shades; a pretty Blush to give a lovely flush of rosy colour and Bronze for a sun-kissed glow.
Blusher Brush – This super-soft brush is tailor made for the Shimmer Palette in my collection and is brilliant for sculpting, blending and dusting.
 Lip Gloss – Shiny lips continue to be a big trend especially for spring, so Lip Gloss was definitely a must-have product in the collection! I chose four fresh, sheer shades with shimmer-free finishes, which give a gorgeous glaze. These glosses are amazing and have a yummy minty flavour too!
White Musk Libertine - I wanted to incorporate a cruelty-free musk fragrance into my collection to celebrate The Body Shop® White Musk®, one of the first fragrances to use man-made musk. A playful  scent, White Musk Libertine definitely stands out from the crowd. It’s an intoxicating blend of musk, Turkish delight, baby orchid and Chantilly cream.
What is your favourite product in the Cruelty-Free collection? 
The whole collection is amazing and I adore them all. I'd say the White Musk Libertine is such a gorgeous fragrance and has a great 'cruelty- free' message around it, so it really stands out for me. Cruelty-free musk is a signature scent of The Body Shop and a must have for all us ladies!

To know more, try on and shop the range, visit The Body Shop at Bahrain City Centre or Seef Mall today! Hurry!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I purchase the lip gloss! It is fab.
    Please do a summer look tutorial for the day time for dusky skin tones.

    Naseema

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow very nice. I will go to city centre today

    ReplyDelete