Sunday, August 3, 2014

Athena

 Now that my sister will be moving across the globe to another country by the end of the year, I'm making the best out of her closet. Although I'm going to miss her terribly, I know shes moving to a much better place and is going to start a new life with her better half, so I'm going to be selfless and let her go and not keep her to myself all day, everyday.
Moving on, I'm channeling a Grecian look here, hence the cowl neck, overlapping skirt and a twisted low bun- which was a signature look of mine when my hair was much longer, but surprise surprise!- I can work with shorter locks too! SCORE! Yes, I will post a tutorial that most of you have already requested.
On another note, a few of you ladies have emailed me concerning bright yellows and how it makes some of you look darker than your usual skin tone.I'm dusky and I like bright yellows and don't find them to be too loud. But yes, if the yellow has got a hint of neon in there or is a really bright-canary yellow, it can make you look dark and tired, especially if you've got an uneven complexion. An alternative to wearing bright yellow is mustard yellow- It's a more subdued yellow and is great for warmer skin tones! Also never try and play with too much colors when trying to color block with yellow- unless you're fair skinned.Try sticking to yellows with navy, black, tan , forest green or other darker colors.White is good too and so is dark wash denim.Also opt for natural makeup and lighter lip colors when sporting yellow, to tone down the bright hues.
Try these out and let me know your thoughts!






Pin It

Dress: Sister's closet, Shoes: Dune, Bag and Headband: Monsoon.

4 comments:

  1. WOAH. I could stare at this forever. The dress is a dream, as are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love the dress, it looks gorgeous on you.
    Your legs look so flawless in every post.. I was wondering if you could advise on how do you maintain them, do you also wear flesh toned stockings?
    Appreciate the advise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I do wear 10 denier stockings sometimes! When I want my legs looking matte. Usually in summers I wear bronzer. I use a good scrub in the shower all over my legs and arms and moisturise afterwards.
      Apart from that nothing in particular dear !

      Delete
  3. Where do you usually buy the 10 denier stocking??
    Looking forward to your hair tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete