Here are a few ways you can beat the heat and keep temperatures normal in a cool place, while looking chic at the same time:
- Wear a sleeveless blouse and carry a lightweight shawl or jacket along with you to throw on when you’re indoors.
- Always make sure you have good, airy fabrics. Lightweight jackets and shawls are best in cotton for the season. If it’s a blend of poly cotton, make sure the cotton % is more than the polyester mix.
- Instead of wearing camisoles under opaque blouses, opt for boob tubes instead.
- Layering separates can be fun when you work with cotton so a light linen shirt thrown over a bright colored tank top can be quite cool.
- Make Ponte leggings a wardrobe essential.
- While wearing jackets/ blazers to work, choose to wear short sleeved or sleeveless blouses inside.
- Closed shoes are essential in a professional working environment so make sure you wear 10 denier socks suitable for your shoes to soak up some moisture. Wearing leather shoes without socks at this time can be very unhygienic.
- Strappy, open toed and tie up sandals are great for weekends instead of closed shoes.
Stay true to these little tips and you’ll find a way to bear the heat. If all else fails, wear a dress, no layering, but where’s the fun in that?
Blouse, Leggings and Bag: Mango, Jacket: Preen, Shoes: Miss Selfridge, Necklace: Gifted,